market-farming - CORRECTING THE RECORD Re: Part 2 RE: Double Dipping

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kevin Ancell" <kancell AT goodearthgardens.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: CORRECTING THE RECORD Re: Part 2 RE: Double Dipping
  • Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 20:44:22 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl AT intrex.net>

> > Are you the L. London that previously "owned" this list? And tried to
> > shut it down?
>
> None of this is any of your business and why are you posting this to the
list instead
> of taking it to private email? Got an agenda problem, Willie Boy?
>
> The list was never shut down. You are deluded.
>
> I and Marcie Rosenzweig started this list from scratch, promoted it,
maintained it,
> kept it going, i.e. made it what it has become (your input excluded).

<snip of mindless drivel>

> Stay in your fog where you'll be free from enlightenment.
*****************
Kevin Ancell Writes:
*****************
I hate to break the rules that Liz and all of us have abided by for so long
however I must add my .02 cents worth.

Yes, Mr. London DID start this list (Thank you, it has been and will
continue to be a wonderful exchange of ideas, techniques and homespun advice
from real working SMALL FARMERS like market gardeners, traditional farmers
and CSA managers)

However as you can see from this last post he got a little out of hand with
his INTERESTING point of view. When people challenged him he would ban them
off the list. I myself was kicked off several times (an honor of sorts). I
was accused of being a "Corporate Plant" a "Stooge of the Argi-Chem
Companies" and the peise de resistance a "REPUBLICAN"

Then came the melt down. Mr. London felt (I guess) that he was losing
control so in a fit of 'toddler-like' rage he turned off the list.

Owning my own ISP for 5 years and having my own T-1 and servers, I toyed
around with resurrecting the list but first I found out who hosted the list
and contacted them directly. I had a VERY interesting conversation with the
administrator of the computer systems where this list was hosted. I provided
the posts where Mr. London went off to the administrator and he concurred
that Mr. London wasn't up to the task of maintaining the list as it was.

I note that the admin stated that Mr. London's father was a fine man and the
university where this was being hosted owed a debt to Mr. London Sr. however
he stated that Mr. London JR. was a bit odd and that he had angered just
about everyone there at the school (to remain nameless) and he was about "6
turnips shy of a full bushel".

Mr. London Jr. was removed and the list was recreated. It was deemed that
LIZ would be the admin (actually she was trusted and willing) and Mr. London
Jr. went simpering down the road of loneliness and despair but most
importantly without his list. Until just recently when he surfaced like a
smelly pair of socks from the bottom of the clothes pile.

I have no doubt that our esteemed list admin will not play the games Mr.
London Jr. did. However it is one's hope that he will slither from whence he
came. (probably from a pile of organically (under the old system) and
humanely cared for horse dung)

Regards to this fine list,

Kevin Ancell (correcting the record)
Good Earth Gardens L.L.C.

  • CORRECTING THE RECORD Re: Part 2 RE: Double Dipping, Kevin Ancell, 10/06/2002