market-farming - Squash retail price

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rick Williams" <mrfarm AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Squash retail price
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 22:28:23 -0500

Last week I was a bit depressed when I noticed the price of squash at a
local regional supermarket chain (Woodmans for those that live in this area)
that had your choice of cultivar for only .18/lb.

I wonder what the heck they paid the farmer for the squash?

Anyway, today I happened to be in the store and intentionally was checking
prices on produce and noticed that the same bin was now .40/lb.

Which is our "normal" price:)

Sincerely,

Rick Williams
Misty Ridge Farm
Dairy heifers and dairy beef graziers
Viroqua, WI

www.mistyridgefarm.com

  • Squash retail price, Rick Williams, 10/01/2002