market-farming - Re: Launching a CSA

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Goodaim AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Launching a CSA
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 20:22:10 EDT

My partner and I are in the first season for our CSA. I believe the most practical knowledge and advice we recieved was from other CSA farmers. We worked on two CSA farms and participated in a collaborative regional apprentice training program in New England, so we got to learn from the successes and mistakes of many farmers. We also attend PASA conferences every year, and field days when possible and applicable, which are quite helpful for more hands-on type knowledge. The most helpful practical book for us was Sharing the Harvest by Elizabeth Henderson with Robyn Van En which is available from the Robyn Van En website, www.csacenter.org, another valuable resource.

Aimee Kocis
Charlestown Cooperative Farm
goodaim AT aol.com