market-farming - Digging wells

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Digging wells
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 20:30:51 -0500

Regards to the list:

Recently, we had some bulldozer work done to repair a ditch crossing and in the process, found a spring in the bottom of the ditch.

What is the next step to collecting the water so we can use it?  Do I need a well-digger or is there something we can do ourselves to “harvest” this water?  Our old deep well went dry many years ago and the rural water piped from town isn’t fit for man nor beast.  Can anyone steer us to information regarding this?

Thank you.

Marie in Missouri