market-farming - Re: Roadside Stands | Certification alternatives

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "RDH" <rdhopkins AT americanpasturage.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Roadside Stands | Certification alternatives
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 15:23:47 -0500

Lawrence,

I always say if you don't like the way an organization is being run, join
them and change them. I'm running for the board this fall. If the members
want change they will elect me, if they don't then things will likely stay
the same.

We are a grower's only market, but past seasons there have been restrictions
on new members. That has bothered me to the point of action.

I'm in favor of local coops. It does take some time to develop and income
usually moves pretty slow at first. Almost everything takes patience.

Rick