market-farming - Driptape - T-tape vs Netaflim

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "lacroverfarm" <farmers AT lacroverfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming (E-mail)" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Driptape - T-tape vs Netaflim
  • Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 08:04:07 -0700

I use both in this is on 500' lengths; although the Netafilm may not be the
same product on the market today. Neta has been sturdier - few holes even
where sheep have walked on it or discs gone over it. However, it is about
twice as wide. The tape is made from a strip of plastic with the edges
pressed flat, rather than wrapped ( Imagine rolling a sheet of paper around
a pipe, or folding it over the pipe. Both ways the paper is the diameter of
the pipe, but the second has an edge sticking out. ) This makes it harder
to lay out. It doesn't uncurl as well so it doesn't lay flat to the ground.
My 2 yr old son tends to trip on it more frequently than the T-tape.
Standard metal pins don't fit over it, and the wind catches it (requiring
more pins to hold down). I often find sections pulled off the beds and into
footpaths.

Besides breaking down faster, T-tape expands and contracts with the
temperature. This causes bowing between pins, and pulls out pins at the
ends.

Paul

  • Driptape - T-tape vs Netaflim, lacroverfarm, 09/21/2002