market-farming - Table and umbrella position

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Steve Sando" <steve AT mrlucky.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Table and umbrella position
  • Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 07:46:30 -0700

Hello- I'm enjoying my first professional season and it's going pretty well.

I'm interested in if there are examples where a table position underneath an
EZUp-type canopy makes a difference. My tendency is to put my stuff in the
middle, sheltering the customer as well. It also seems that this makes more
of a "boutique" and the customer has to come (just a little). I find if I
can talk to them and tell a story, I am more likely to get a sale.

But the other vendors seems to have their tables flush with the outside of
the umbrella.

For me the main things is protecting the produce, but there is plenty of
room for everyone.