market-farming - Re: market-farming digest: August 14, 2002

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: market-farming digest: August 14, 2002
  • Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 06:47:48 -0400

Carolyn Male, the guru of tomatoes, claims that adding calcium (whether from eggshells, gypsum board or whatever) will not resolve the BER. Rather, she says BER is usually stress related, most commonly occurs at the beginning of the season, and usually will work itself out w/o adding any calcium. Wish I could remember where I saw her post, but she is one sharp lady when it comes to tomatoes.

Regards

Bill- Where can I go to learn more of what Carolyn Male has to say? Thanks -Allan