market-farming - Re: questions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: questions
  • Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:11:11 -0700 (PDT)

> In answer to the new marketeers.....my theory was to start small small
small and make sure everything sold was of absolute highest quality,
immaculately clean, and beautifully packaged. I went to every local
Farmer's Market to see what everyone else was selling and looked for what I
could produce that they were not. I try to focus on the higher priced
items (herbs, flowers, garlic etc.) We're in a small community and the old
adage holds true...make a customer happy and he'll tell a couple of
friends...don't satisfy a customer and he'll tell 8 friends.....good luck
it's a hard row to hoe...

  • RE: Questions, John Hendrickson, 08/13/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: questions, sora, 08/14/2002