market-farming - Re: nettles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HackettShark AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: nettles
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 00:40:38 EDT

In a message dated 7/29/02 10:25:45 PM Central Daylight Time, kampy AT grm.net writes:

We finally got some rain!  The weeds are lush and verdant

We got about 3.5" last Thrusday and Friday, first since the first week of June.  Some things are to far gone for any hope this year, but have replanted a lot of shorted term crops to hopefully get before frost.  Tomateos and peppers were on drip so they have been doing good, alot better since this last rain.  Here in western Iowa we are 22" below normal.

Phil from Iowa