market-farming - nettles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: nettles
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 07:50:37 -0400

If you have to ask how nettles are grown you might want to pass on
purchasing seeds. Nettles is a weed very prolific weed on our farm. It
stings if you touch it. Stings for many hours :). It is of course edible
cooked or dried and I've heard its good in the compost pile and in compost
tea. But I feel like you'd have to be in a protetive suit to harvest it :).
check wwwjohnnyseeds.com
Beth