market-farming - Re: market-farming digest: July 25, 2002

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: market-farming digest: July 25, 2002
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 06:56:52 -0400

Hi Joe, A few years ago my husband and I ran into the son of a dairy farmer
friend of my father in laws. They got talking and the fellow lamented that
he had just had to buy fertilizer for the hay fields. He said back when his
father had the dairy he never bought fertilizer the only thing required was
spreading the cow manure. How much and at what time of year I don't recall.
I just remembered thinking cool, years and years (I would think in excess of
30) fields maintained by on farm manure. Good luck Beth