market-farming - Re: Food processing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HackettShark AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Food processing
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 08:36:49 EDT

In a message dated 7/15/02 6:00:32 AM Central Daylight Time, igg AT igg.com writes:

. The same
restaurantuer was told that in the future off-the-farm produce would
have to be inspected before it can be sold through a restaurant.

Our market has Chef's coming in an hour before the market opens and buying right off the truck as we are unloading the trucks.  They buy what they want and come back later in the morning to get it or we deliver it to them after the market opens.  This practice has been going on since the market orignated here.

Phil from Iowa