market-farming - Re: Cinnamon basil

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Alliums <garlicgrower AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Cinnamon basil
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 21:17:45 -0400

Lucy wrote:

I am growing Cinnamon basil this year and I have no idea what to do with
it.

Heh. I grew cinnamon basil last year and it has reseeded all over the place *this* year! Seeds of Change says that it is a "tea basil" -- I made straight tea with it last year and found it quite refreshing on hot days. This year, I found a recipe for equal parts spearmint and cinnamon basil, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

SOC also says that it is used in Mexican cooking. I haven't a clue where, but I supposed one could try it.

Whoever said they had cinnamon basil recipes should post them to the list -- I think we can all use them!

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of