market-farming - Keeping greens looking good

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Bob Brocious" <bbrocious AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Keeping greens looking good
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2002 18:49:43 +0000

Hello!
My wife and I have our first CSA in it's 9th week of deliveries.  We are trying to figure out the best way to keep our carrot tops, and other greens looking fresh since we pick them in the morning or store them in the refrigerator for a day, and deliver in the evening.  Right now they look wilted and tired.  How can we keep them looking fresh and perky!?

Thanx,
Bob

Bob, Kathleen, and Kory Brocious
Tenacity Farm