market-farming - Re: organic corn & grains in VA,MD

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: organic corn & grains in VA,MD
  • Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 17:12:36 -0400

Have you looked at the Local harvest website? They have a big data base
of local growers all over the US.

BTW Amish are not usually organic. Most do use ag. chemicals despite not
using tractors and having otherwise sound growing practices.

Grow19 AT aol.com wrote:

> Hi Friends,
> A friend & I in Washington DC, buying locally-grown food, haven't yet found
> regionally--grown/processed organic wheat flour, barley, corn meal, and
> grits. Any sources or ideas on how to find these within a reasonable
> distance of the city, ie from farmers in VA, MD, or close-in Pennsylvania?
> Thanks!
> Judy Tiger
> (admirer of this list and community/youth garden organizer in DC)
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to as: goodows AT infinet.com
> leave-market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu

Lucy Goodman-Owsley
Boulder Belt Organics
New Paris, OH

Looking for a CSA, Farmer's market or other venue for fresh local food?
Check out
http://www.localharvest.com

It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong

Voltaire (1694-1778)