market-farming - Re: Cut Flower Discussion list?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: A Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Cut Flower Discussion list?
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 15:58:22 -0400

Allan, please discuss here!! I hope to at least be doing cut flowers next
year & am starting from scratch, so I'd be interested in this thread also!!

Liz Pike

Thanks for the 'license,' Liz!

One thing that I'm very confused about is WATERING flowers that are in bloom. I deeply watered glads and zinnias that are blooming last night only to find this morning that the glads in particular had some blooms go 'soft.' I've seen this after rain, also.

What's the story on watering blooming flowers?

(And, for that matter, will glads produce, as a rule, only one flower spike?)

Thanks

-Allan