market-farming - Contract Growing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "William McKay" <bmckay55 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Contract Growing
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 11:23:07 +0000

I am not sure this is appropriate for this list, but if it is not, I guess someone will tell me.

I distribute Italian vegetable seeds(to retail outlets in the Northeast and mailorder throughout North America). One of my customers(a mail order garden customer) is the new product manager for a company in california that packages salad mixes [I get the impression they do high end salads]. They contract with a bunch of local growers. They are interested in someone who either grows Italian varieties or is willing to grow them.

So, if someone grows in California and is interested in talking to her, drop me a note and I will forward her original message. If someone does connect and needs more information on various Italian greens, I will be glad to provide it and work with you regarding what is more likely than not to work in your particular growing climate.

If you are interested, do not respond to the hotmail address; I get so much junk mail with it that almost everything but a few items I have earmarked go straight to the junk mail folder. Drop me a note at bmckay AT growitalian.com or bmckay AT gis.net

Regards

Bill McKay in E. Massachusetts and www.growitalian.com Distributor of Italian Vegetable Seeds from Franchi Sementi, spa, Bergamo, Italy. Seedsmen since 1783.

  • Contract Growing, William McKay, 07/06/2002