market-farming - Potatoes Just Gone!! Help!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sandra Deidloff" <ranchmaster AT resok.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Potatoes Just Gone!! Help!
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 12:40:35 -0500

Wow! I've lost most of my potatoes! The plants get dark, shrivel and die.
I pulled several and found only a jagged end of a root (a very short root).
I don't see any evidence above ground that would indicate a mole or such
(not that I would know what to look for). The dead plants are in full rows,
not just one here and one there. Could bad nematodes or whatever they are
do this? Is there anything I can do to save the rest of my crop?

Sandra Deidloff
Meeker, OK