market-farming - Re: sunblock

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marc" <marc AT aculink.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: sunblock
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 21:24:49 -0600

I'm trying light-colored, long sleeved cotton shirts for the arms and
wide-brimed hats for the heads this year (both mine and the kids).
I really wonder about the chemicals in the sunscreens and, like you said,
they make you feel hotter. I remember my grandfather going out on the
tractor in the afternoon heat (before they had the AC cabs) and he always
wore his long-sleeve blue chambray shirt under the overalls. I wonder if
the light blue helps feel cooler? He claimed it was cooler than bare arms.

Marcy Nameth