market-farming - Re: Bed shapers?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kevin Ancell" <kancell AT goodearthgardens.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Bed shapers?
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 09:00:00 -0600

I bought my Mechanical Transplanter (brand) bed shaper, mulch layer with drip tape attachment for about $1,700.00 including shipping. The pan is lined with plastic which lets it glide over the soil. I figured my time and effort plus raw materials would have come in just under the price I paid for what I got plus the day I got it I was using it in the field and didn't have to tinker with it one bit.

It makes a bed up to 8" high and 36" across down to 18" across and 4" high with setting in between.