market-farming - Grackles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lynn Byczynski <growing4market AT earthlink.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Grackles
  • Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 10:35:20 -0500

Title: Grackles
A colony of great-tailed grackles has arrived on our farm in eastern Kansas. We are apparently the northern limit of their range, and have never had them here before. Can any southern readers tell me how well they coexist with a market garden? Do they eat fruit and veggie crops? Are they so noisy all summer long? Screech! Cack!
--
Lynn Byczynski
Growing for Market