market-farming - Re: Deer fence

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mmneedham AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Deer fence
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 15:50:07 EDT

In a message dated 4/22/02 2:58:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time, sora AT coldreams.com writes:

I've fought the deer for years with every repellent known to man.  This
year I give up, I have too many subscribers to my CSA to let the deer
eat 60-90% of the crop.

Some folks dealing with deer in their back yards have used that black plastic netting you usually think of as keeping birds out of berry bushes.  For some reason, the deer seem afraid of it.  I wonder if it would help in your situation...

Marj