market-farming - Certification for value added products

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rancho El Shadday" <ranchmaster AT resok.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Certification for value added products
  • Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:35:27 -0500

I would like to sell tomato based products ( like hot sauce, salsa, etc.) and pickled products.  I have heard that it is simpler to get certification for these high-acid items than for other foods.  Does anyone know how the process works and where to go for certification?

Sandra
Rancho El Shadday
Meeker, OK