market-farming - Has Your Season Started Yet?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: "Farming, Market" <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Has Your Season Started Yet?
  • Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 18:36:40 -0400

Here it is the middle of April and our first farmer's market starts on
the 23rd and the second on May 4th.

We don't have a whole lot ready but should have plenty of pastured
organic eggs, spinach, spring mix and some dried black beans from last
fall. It will nice to be marketing again.

we have done some guerilla marketing over the winter. I email customers
on my email list telling them we will be a certain location for no more
than an hour. The last Guerilla market was outside the local public
radio station after we got done doing phones for their fund drive. We
always have several folks who find us and buy us out. It is an
interesting way to market in the off season.
--

Lucy Goodman-Owsley
Boulder Belt Organics

Looking for a CSA, Farmer's market or other venue for fresh local food?
Check out
http://www.localharvest.com

It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong

Voltaire (1694-1778)