market-farming - Corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Corn
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 08:04:32 -0500

Chris wrote:
We do this routinely. I made chopping blocks from firewood, and use heavy
duty
sharp knives. We do sell wholesale and at market and our wholesale customers
demand it, the market customer appreciates it because they have little waste
deal with. As much as possible all our produce is readied for market to keep
maximum compost building material at home and out of kitchens of our
customers.

Chris when you sell the trimmed corn retail how is it displayed? Is it
packaged? I forgot to mention the packaged corn I saw had about a 1 inch
strip of husk removed so you could see the corn. Beth

  • corn, Hook Family, 03/24/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: corn, Chris Sawyer, 03/24/2002
    • Re: corn, sunnfarm, 03/24/2002