market-farming - Re: corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu ("Market Farming")
  • Subject: Re: corn
  • Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 14:15:38 -0500

I had used mineral oil back in 1974, it was an old idea then and just as un
proven then as today, timing was everything the idea is getting the oil on
just as silking begins, there is no more than a day more or less to get the
oil on before earworms make there way into the ear, any delay and your time
is wasted, if you want to try this method keep a close eye on your local
daily IPM reports, there are many periods when there are no earworms, and
times when counts are excessive, this can help you schedule applications of
oil.
One thing I did learn is that the oil can damage late emerging silks causing
tip kernal loss also oil does not control borers and armyworms which get into
the sides of the ears, goodluck its very labor intensive personally I prefer
to apply synthetic Pyrethoids...Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience
the convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape!
http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/

  • corn, Hook Family, 03/24/2002