market-farming - grape arbor design

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert W Arnold <rwa AT phonl.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: grape arbor design
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 08:35:04 -0600

Hi all,
A friend of mine gave me some old timey grape (or maybe bolus (sp?)) seeds.
It's a big black kind. I used to see (and eat!) these when I was a kid, but
I havent' seen any in a long time. I'm going to plant them, but since grapes
aren't a big thing in north Florida, I really don't know much about arbors
or plant spacing, care, etc. We have a lot of scuppons down here, but they
just grow in the trees and I wanted to set these up on a arbor. I could
string some wire between a couple of T posts, but I would like to do it
whichever way is best. If anyone knows of a URL that would show me how I
need to set this up, I would appreciate it!
BTW, to all my farming neighbors to the north, please keep the remaining
cold up there, I have veggies growing like mad down here, and I really don't
need the frost!!! :)
Hope everyone has a great day!

Bridge Creek Farm
Robert and Shirley Arnold
Marianna, FL

Remember: Never be afraid to try something new...amateurs built the
Ark...professionals built the Titanic!

  • grape arbor design, Robert W Arnold, 03/19/2002