market-farming - Two day Workshop in Chattanooga

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marcie Rosenzweig <fullcircle AT jps.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Two day Workshop in Chattanooga
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 05:40:51 -0800

Hi Folks,

Crabtree Farms is hosting me to do two days of intensive workshops Planning for Profit in Chattanooga, TN next Friday and Saturday. We'll be doing

Farm Visions from Family Values - how to use your families values to create your business in a way that sustains your family economically, socially and protects your resource base.

Better Management Decisions through Recordkeeping - a look at what records you need to keep for others and for yourself. Working through the production record feedback loops and fine-tuning your operation.

Goal-Getting with Strategic Planning - how to set goals to get you to your Farm Vision then how to break those goals down so you know how to make daily decisions to get you to those goals.

Strategic Marketing plus a look at Dislay and Merchandising - Learning the new vocabulary of marketing. Looking at market segments and channel strategies to reach those segments. Forming community collaborations to reach a greater market.
We'll also do some hands-on exercises with display and merchandising for markets and farm stands. How to make it look like you have more than you do and vertical merchandising.

Those who have seen me in a workshop setting know I try to have a lot of interaction in my workshops. Because of the time allotted here, we'll be doing some small group work as well as some form-based personal work to help you come awy with a plan for next season and, maybe, the next five years. We encourage partners to come together.

To sign up, call

Vanessa Mercer
Crabtree Farms Of Chattanooga, Inc.
1000 East 30th St
Chattanooga, TN
(423) 493-9155 ext 13
vmercer AT crabtreefarms.org

Marcie A. Rosenzweig
Full Circle
3377 Early Times Ln
Auburn, CA 95603-7900
(530) 885-9201

  • Two day Workshop in Chattanooga, Marcie Rosenzweig, 03/14/2002