market-farming - Re:Farm Tours

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "William McKay" <bmckay55 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re:Farm Tours
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 10:17:29

What the farmer down the road from me does is set a schedule for tours and posts it in his retail store. He typically does a tour every two weeks or so; he does them in the evening around 7PM.

It is one of the slickest things I have ever seen. He takes people through the farm, showing him his compost piles, equipment, tells them little stories about how things grow and dont grow, etc. It really makes for incredible customer relations.

Bill McKay in E. Massachusetts