market-farming - Re: Clopyralid

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Michaele Blakely" <mjb AT premier1.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Clopyralid
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:17:10 -0800

Unfortunately, most labs are not equipped to handle analysis on such a small amount, and the damage is at 3 parts per billion not five.  If you decide to test your manure or compost be sure to check with your lab as to whether they have the capabilities to test for small amounts.  This is one reason why it got past the organic people in the first place.

There is only one lab that I know of that has consistently been able to test accurately.  Several others are refining their methods.  IThe going rate for a test is $250.  I'll keep you posted on any new info I receive.

Michaele
Growing Things
Carnation WA
Almost any lab can check manure for a complete analysis.  I use american labs in Omaha for a lot of different tests.  Soil and etc.  K state should be able to do it as well for a small fee, Iowa state charges so much per sample, not sure of the going rate.

Phil
---
You are currently subscribed to as: mjb AT premier1.net
leave-market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu