market-farming - Re: "Authentic" food

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: "Authentic" food
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 08:14:12 -0500

Eliot Coleman wrote:

Fascinating discussion. I'm glad so many people have opinions on this.
Some background. I'm not entirely happy with "authentic" either but it
was the best I could do after thinking about this for ten years.

What a great internet moment, eh, folks? (I say, without feeling any need to check the hoax pages first ;-)

I really want to thank you from making the time to clarify your thoughts on how we can continue to earn our livelyhoods while we remain true to the organic movement as the organic industry rolls over it.

To prove that no good deed goes unpunished, however, I have to ask if you have the time to answer some questions on precision seeders and hoophouse design that have been inspired by your 'Winter-Harvest Manual.'

Thanks

-Allan Balliett
Loudoun Co, VA