market-farming - Re: credit cards

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Robin & Steve Follette" <follette AT ainop.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: credit cards
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:03:57 -0500

We have a vendor account through our small town bank. It cost us $50 to set
up. The swiper was $25 (not needed but the bank required we buy it) and the
paper work was $25. We're charged 1.5-4% depending on the month's total
sales. The higher the amount the lower the percentage. That covers all
costs. We use it most often for deposits on sides of beef and pork, bulk
orders of processed chickens or handmade soap. I don't expect to be using
it for vegetable/fruit sales but it's there if someone wants to charge their
purchase. At the end of the days it's been used I ring it out via phone and
the money is deposited into our farm's checking account the next morning.
It's been very simple.

Robin Follette
Thyme For Ewe Farm
Talmadge, Maine