market-farming - credit cards

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: credit cards
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 08:38:07 -0500

Hi list, Do any of you take credit cards? I don't think this is anything I
will need soon but one does get to thinking. One keeps hearing of internet
opportunities, online ordering of veggies and than either pickup or
delivery. Credit cards would allow these transactions to go smoother.
Anyone use or seen a farmer accept credit cards at a farmers market?
Just something I was wondering about. My CSA members pay in checks which is
ok since "I know where they live" :). This summer is my first farmers
market and I am considering cash only. At my profit margin I don't need to
be paying fees for bounced checks of strangers.
Its winter just stressing the details :) Beth