market-farming - Re: Organic hatchet job

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jill Taylor Bussiere" <jdt AT itol.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Organic hatchet job
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:31:50 -0600

Steve,
Here are some references...

Chakravarty P and Chatarpaul L (1990) Non-target effect of herbicides: I.
Effect of glyphosate and hexazinone on soil microbial activity. Microbial
population, and in-vitro growth of ectomycorrhizal fungi. Pestic. Sci.
28:233-241

Estok D, Freedman B and Boyle D (1989) Effects of the herbicides 2,4-D,
glyphosate, hexazinone, and triclopyr on the growth of three species of
ectomycorrhizal fungi. Bull. Environ. Contam. Toxicol. 42:835-839

Sidhu S S and Chakravarty P (1990) Effect of selected forestry herbicides on
ectomycorrhizal development and seedling growth of lodgepole pine and white
spruce under controlled and field environment. Eur J. For. Path. 20:77-94

Chakravarty P and Sidhu S S (1987) Effects of glyphosate, hexazinone and
triclorpyr on in vitro growth of five species of ectomycorrhizal fungi. Eur.
J. For. Path. 17:204-210

Jill