market-farming - Perilla -- what do you do with it?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Alliums <garlicgrower AT snip.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Perilla -- what do you do with it?
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 10:35:31 -0500

Hi, Folks!

I don't grow potatoes at all (but everyone else seems to be handling the
fingerling questions quite nicely :-)), but I did notice that Jeanine was
also growing perilla.

One of my gardeners sowed it last year and now it's reseeded itself all over
the garden. I hate to let a pretty plant that bees love and deer hate go to
waste -- what do folks DO with perilla besides season umboshi with it?

Thanks for your help, as we've got LOTS of it!

Dorene

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of

  • Perilla -- what do you do with it?, Alliums, 01/15/2002