market-farming - Sprouts was Re: alar myth

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mmneedham AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Sprouts was Re: alar myth
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 18:21:03 EST

In a message dated 01/14/2002 5:43:28 PM Eastern Standard Time, lh AT pressroom.com writes:

With commercially grown sprouts we should demand the highest sanitary
standards for the 'factory' where they are grown, and also for the
shipping and packaging process.

If I recall correctly what I read about sprouts, it apparently is very difficult to prevent harmful bacteria from growing along with the sprouts, even if you try very hard to keep everything as sanitary as possible...

Marj