market-farming - Re: Johnson Bed Shaper

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Johnson Bed Shaper
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 17:46:22 -0500

Mike - Where did you see the Johnson Bed Shaper?

I'm using a Celli spader and really need an implement to shape the beds behind it. (I assume I'll be doing this in two passes since I'm working in a garden. I would think managing a 'train' of implements at the end row turn would get very tiring.)

I'm interested in hearing how other people shape their longer raised beds (mine are 100 ft long and there are 3 acres of them)

Thanks -Allan (Loudoun Co, VA)

We have a small vegetable farm and are thinking of purchasing a Johnson
Bed Shaper. It looks like the shaper will throw up the dirt with the
shapers and then pontoons are attached to the shapers to level the row.
Has anyone had experience with this type of shapers or others that are
available? We are tired of "hilling up" most of our beds by hand.

---
You are currently subscribed to as: igg AT igg.com
leave-market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu