market-farming - RE: Duration of juglone (walnut root residue) in soil?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sunnfarm AT netscape.net
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu ("Market Farming")
  • Subject: RE: Duration of juglone (walnut root residue) in soil?
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 09:45:19 -0500

I have an English Walnut 40 years old 60 ft tall at the very edge of one of
my fields, its one of the few trees on my farm so I won't cut it down, but I
plow and plant within 8 feet of the trunk I have planted over the years 2
crops of staked tomatos 3 cauliflower crops 2 zuchini 1 pumpkin 1 melon 3
corn crops 1 field soybean 1 wheat crop 1 cut sunflower crop and 2 fall mum
crops and have never seen any damage from Juglone, as long as there was
plenty of irrigation the only limit on yield was the shade directly below the
drip line, at one time against the tree were beautiful lilacs and 15 feet
away was a nice productive sour cherry and a spiriea bush, I don't see what
all the fuss is about...Bob.

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience
the convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape!
http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/