market-farming - Re: Seeds and Organic Certification

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Seeds and Organic Certification
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 11:21:50 -0600

And, boy is that a can of worms - equivalent - what if they decide, in their
collective wisdom, that a totally inappropriate variety is 'equivalent' to a
variety that is one of our mainstays and that mainstay is not available as
organic seed? We'll just have to 'wait and see' I guess. March 2002 is a
little late for the 2002 growing season. We're buying organic seed when we
can, but it's still a small percentage of our total seed order.
Johnny's,Fedco and Territorial are doing a great job making as much
available as possible. Alison Wiediger