market-farming - Re: farmers markets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: HackettShark AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: farmers markets
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 15:50:21 EDT

In a message dated 9/21/01 10:08:52 PM Central Daylight Time, hcf AT moment.net writes:

Has anyone else noticed the sales at your farmers markets taking a dive since

We have noticed the same thing here in the Mid West.  I sell in a number of small town market as well as 2 larger markets, and they have dropped in attendence very much so.   Many people have been a lot more conservative in their buying, but our sales has only dropped around $200 for the week, could be worse.

Phil from Iowa