market-farming - growing leeks

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jennie Lee <tulipcreek AT dixie-net.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: growing leeks
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 22:20:41 -0500

Dear list - I was writing to inquire if anyone had tips for encouraging leek germination. I am trying to start my first leeks from seed and have had very low germination rates. I am sowing a variety called Tadorna in a 120 cell tray with my usual soiless potting mix. I'm wondering if its a bit too heavy perhaps? I would greatly appreciate any tips as I love leeks and want to grow a lot of them:)
Also - can anyone suggest any resources out there that would help me learn to make ristras? Thanks. Jennie Lee

  • growing leeks, Jennie Lee, 09/11/2001