market-farming - Watermelons

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Vic & Pat Jackowsky" <jackow AT gmi.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Watermelons
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 21:27:57 -0500

I lost the message from someone asking about Paul Harvey's test on how to tell if  a watermelon is ripe.  Place the straw lengthwise on the melon and it will turn if it's ripe.  It really works!

Thanks everyone for all your tips. They helped tremendously and we picked our first melons today.  Can't wait to get my grubby little fingers in one of them! :)

Pat