market-farming - dirty nails or gloves?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marie Kamphefner <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: dirty nails or gloves?
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 18:46:23 -0500

Regards to the list:

I wear gloves lots of time when I'm working in the garden. I make wedding and birthday cakes and I don't want my customers to think my hands are dirty. Sometimes, when my nails and fingers are stained too much to remove it, I'll put on a fresh layer or two of nail polish just to try to cover it up. I have found that shampoo works really well to remove the dirt along with a nail brush. Also, clorox water works well, but I hate to use that on my hands. Anything you do is certainly rough on them and I get hangnails from hell.

Marie in Missouri

  • dirty nails or gloves?, Marie Kamphefner, 07/16/2001