market-farming - vole damage

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Nancy Haycock" <nhaycock AT dmcom.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: vole damage
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 06:19:41 -0400

I have lost 300 feet of my heirloom carrots, 140 feet of beets, 100 feet of parsley...over the past 5 days. I finally diagnosed the problem yesterday --- voles.  Other than catching and killing them (or installing wire mesh under all the raised beds-- yeah, right), does anyone have any ideas for how to control the damage?? It seems like voles like raised beds more than the normal clay soil we've got here, because last year (my first at this farm), we had no damage whatsoever from animals.
Help?
Nancy

  • vole damage, Nancy Haycock, 06/17/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: vole damage, Brian and Jacqueline Potzkai, 06/18/2001