market-farming - Re: rabbits and chipmunks

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marie Kamphefner <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: rabbits and chipmunks
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 10:24:38 -0500

Nancy,

We too were being eaten up by rabbits. At first I used the rifle on them.

The next year, I had dried habanero peppers and I cooked a handful of them in a large pot. I used the resulting liquid as a spray on the green beans just to test it out. The rabbits took one bite and did flip flops and never came back again. It was more fun to watch than killing them. I haven't tried it on lettuce.

Marie in Missouri