market-farming - market-farming Giggle or Cry

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Dori Green" <dorigreen00 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: market-farming Giggle or Cry
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 08:35:49 -0400

Molly wrote: "They help market managements keep in mind that a farmer's market should have farmers not predominately baked goods and crafts."

I'm alternately giggling and crying over this one.

It took me two years of fighting with my insurance company, but I finally got them to agree to send me the certificate of third-named co-insured that the Elmira farmer's market requires from vendors.

I called the market manager to sign up, only to be told that they have three produce vendors and don't need any more thank you very much.

First time I've ever heard of a farmer's market that doesn't want farmers.

Dori Green
Ash Grove Community Farm & Center for Sustainable Living
Corning, NY

http://www.ic.org/agrove