market-farming - Re: Excellent Program on Wind Power on C-Span2 Tomorrow!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "WB Carver" <wbcarver AT marketfarming.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Excellent Program on Wind Power on C-Span2 Tomorrow!
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 13:29:40 -0400

>While I heartily support alternative energy sources, I am concerned about
>wind farms because I believe they are a threat to the bird population.

>Marj

>Well the turbines rotate more slowly now! And get more power. And sites
are
>researched for effects on birds!

While that is good news...
Here is another perspective.

Research has shown that the wind generation fields actually HELP improve the
overall genetic health and intellegence of the bird population in an area
where they operate by assisting in the natural selection process.
They way this works is that birds that are so "!@%#$^ stoopit" as to fly
into the turbines are eliminated from the gene pool thereby raising the
overall IQ of the flock.

Just my 2.416 cents worth on ANOTHER rainy day.

:-))

Bill Carver
Laughing Brook Farm
Westfield, NC