market-farming - Re: CSA memberships, and tours

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Brian and Jacqueline Potzkai" <potzkai AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: CSA memberships, and tours
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 18:24:41 -0700

From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>

That isn't completly accurate in that I've got to do a bit of preparation,
lesson plan, handouts, and some sort of "souvenir" I am leaning towards
sunflower seeds. Any suggestions welcome!

Hi Beth, another cheap souvenir is business cards/fridge magnets. That is if you make your own business cards. We buy the roll magnets at dollar stores - cheap, then tear back the peel off sticky paper thing-a-m-jig, lay down a sheet of printed business cards, use an artist knife to cut around the borders. We actually use the ones we get from other businesses on our fridge because they are convenient for fast access to doctor numbers, dog control, pizza..... and they hold up pictures from the kids so well - stronger than the tiny magnets. Jacqueline