market-farming - Re: Fire Steel or Firesteel

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: wakely11 AT swbell.net
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Fire Steel or Firesteel
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 13:13:16 -0700

Thanks to Jill and Sharon for the source for firesteel tomato seeds. My
father-in-law (who is deceased) used to grow them and my husband has been
searching for them for years since his dad loved them so much.

I'm a flower farmer and somehow stumbled into this list serve. We also grow
corn
to sell at farmers' market. It's an interesting change and I'm enjoying it.

Nancy Wakely
Grand Canadian Farm

Jill Taylor Bussiere wrote:

> Someone asked about Fire Steel - here is a source besides from the website -
> from the same person as on the website - from a person on a tomato list I am
> on.
>
> Firesteel (in one word) in the SSE yearbook. Available, besides others,
> from Chuck Wyatt. It is a red, 67 days, indet., prolific with blocky 15 oz
> fruits, sweet,
> rich and meaty. Crack and fusarium wilt resistant, stands dry spells and
> heat.
>
> Jill
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to as: wakely11 AT swbell.net
> leave-market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu

  • Fire Steel or Firesteel, Jill Taylor Bussiere, 05/24/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Fire Steel or Firesteel, wakely11, 05/25/2001